Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Flamingo Horticulture (Kenya) Ltd
About Flamingo Horticulture (Kenya) Ltd
Flamingo Horticulture (Kenya) Ltd is one of Kenya’s largest agricultural export groups employing above 6,500 people. The organization’s head-office is in Nairobi, with farms in Naivasha and Mt Kenya region, together with about 650 out growers across the country. The group has established itself as a reliable, responsible and sustainable producer. Flamingo Horticulture (Kenya) Ltd maintains strategic focus to develop a sustainable business, which in turn drives development and growth possibilities within Kenya.
We intend to recruit a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the IT Department in Central Services in Nairobi. A current driving license is essential, and passport is advantageous as travelling regular travel to the regions (Mt Kenya and Naivasha) will be required. Occasionally travel to Europe may also be required.
Dimensions of the Job
Health & Safety: Employees must not endanger themselves, or others, by their acts or omissions. In addition, they must co-operate with their employers, as long as this co-operation does not lead to an increased risk to health and safety, or is an illegal act, so that the employer can comply with their statutory duties, thereby making the responsibility for safety a joint effort between employer and employee.
- Responsible for managing overall IT day to day operations to improve infrastructure performance and end user satisfaction.
- Work with Group Security Resource to ensure that infrastructure across Kenya (servers, local area network, wide area network etc) is secured.
- Ensure system performance and service level agreements are met.
- In conjunction with Head of Group IT Infrastructure, implement infrastructure continuous improvement programs.
- Manage strategic relationships with key IT infrastructure service providers.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise for both tactical and operational initiatives.
- Assess the relative impact of IT industry trends to current and future enterprise
- infrastructure needs and projects and advise relevant stakeholders.
- Support installations and maintenance for servers, firewalls, switches, routers.
- Manage email and collaboration systems, passwords on all systems.
- Manage backups and restoration of servers.
- Interact with business teams to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
Qualifications and skills required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or any other ICT related degree.
- At least 5 years’ IT experience in server and network architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Active Directory
- Excellent working knowledge of DHCP.
- Excellent working knowledge of troubleshooting networked devices (PC’s, Laptops, printers etc)
- Knowledge of working knowledge of maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft SQL environments.
- Excellent working knowledge of networking (LAN, VLAN, WLAN and WAN infrastructure)
- Knowledge of troubleshooting power backup solutions for networked devices.
- Excellent working knowledge of a Windows Server environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Hyper-V.
- Good experience in areas such as network design and administration, data centre operations, database administration.
- Intimately familiar with technologies such as Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, Veeam, FortiGate, network monitoring tools, MS O365.
- Experience with storage area networks, WAN acceleration, virtualization, firewalls, routers and more
- IT experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations
- Experience in working within formal change control procedures and version management.
How to apply
If you are interested and you meet the above job requirements, please send a detailed CV and Cover Letter to :
email@example.com on or before October 15, 2022.
- Review of applications will begin as soon as they are received, only complete applications will be reviewed. In the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, we reserve the right to end the search before the due deadline. For this reason, we encourage interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply at the earliest possible opportunity.